Bumble Bee Hike
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Thursday, 10/21/2021 9:50 AM
Only a few seats left - seats are not guaranteed until purchase is complete.
Explore the Garden at the speed-of-toddler! We’ll look for wildlife, listen to the wind and the creek,
smell western redcedars and flowers, and touch the trees and leaves. The children are encouraged to
stop and wonder, to ask questions and to share their delight. Our wonderful guides will then read a
story. Each week is different with seasonal themes.
- Group sizes are limited. We travel in small groups of up to five children per group.
- Thursdays 10:00-11:00 a.m. September 30 – December 9th 2021
- Ages: 2–5 years, accompanied by an adult.
- Please check in at the Garden Entrance, and then meet us at the Far Meadow. Dress for the
weather, we walk rain or shine!
- Non-walkers are welcome.
Please check the website for possible cancellations, generally due to extreme weather. We walk rain or
COVID-19: Requirements and recommendations
All children and adults will need follow these guidelines:
- All adults must show proof of being vaccinated for Covid 19. The best way to protect
unvaccinated children is for all adults around them to be vaccinated.
- All participants must wear face masks. Your child must be able to wear a face mask in order to
- All participants (except household groups) must maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Small children often forget and there may be times when physical distance and mask wearing
cannot be guaranteed. All adults must be willing to step in and re-establish 6 feet of physical
distance and properly worn masks.
- If someone in the household of any participant (child or adult) has a positive or presumptive case
of COVID-19, has a known exposure to COVID-19, or is awaiting results of a COVID test, do not
attend the walk.
- Please only attend if you are healthy!
If you are sick with a new or worsening cough, fever, shortness of breath, or recent loss
of taste or smell, please withdraw from the program to keep others safe.
Check for fever before you arrive for the walk. Please take the temperature of all
participants before arriving at the walk, and stay home if you are ill.
Follow general sanitation guidelines. Please make sure to wash or sanitize hands when you
arrive, after using the bathroom, and after sneezing or coughing.